Pages

My Counter:)

RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Book Report:-->It's not you It's me

This week I read a book titled It's not you it's me, by Kerry Cohen Hoffman. It's a book about a typical teenage breakup between Zoe and Henry. In the story Zoe of course needs to prove to Henry that he made a mistake. Zoe tends to revolve her world around Henry and that causes her to loose her friends, reputation, and grades. 

This book throws out a very valuable lesson that if you dig just a little to look for, it's not hard at all to find it out. "Never make someone your everything, because when they're gone you're left with nothing." This quote pretty much explains itself. But to put more detail into it, by this quote I mean that it is very common in high school that when girls have boyfriends they tend to forget everything else that surrounds them, and just focus themselves and their whole worlds on their boyfriends. In most cases the boys eventually get bored of their girls and just end up tearing their heart apart and stomping all over it. These girls' life's end up being crushed, because they end up with nothing but just thinking obsessively how to get their boyfriends back. It's pretty sad, but in reality it's a pretty common story in high school. With time most girls get over it and move on with their lives, knowing that they will always have a love story to tell their children someday.

From my own experience I have been through some pretty big bumps in my road, regarding my boyfriend and my friends. "Everyone makes mistakes, were only human, but it's better to learn from your mistakes then to live life with the -what could have been?-." During my sophomore year I had all a girl my age can ever ask for: the perfect boyfriend,friends and family who love me, but never would I have thought that I would have to put myself in the position of choosing either my "perfect" boyfriend or my suppose "best" friends. I was really falling hard for this guy, the problem was I only saw him on the weekends. My friends, well I saw them at school pretty much everyday. Time passed and all I wanted to do was see my boyfriend on the weekends, it's not that I didn't want to spend time with my friends, but I was growing up and my relationship with this guy wasn't so typical. Every week they seemed to grow more angry at me, so a very good friend of mine told me that it was getting at a point were I should make a decision of either choosing my friends or my boyfriend. Without giving it a second thought I said I was going to break up with my boyfriend because I didn't want to lose my friends, they meant everything to me. Then that girl made me realize something else she said not to be dumb, to think about it, because those two girls were just friends, that would most likely only last through high school; And that I would never find another guy like my boyfriend, because there was something special about us.

It took me some time but I made the decision in choosing my boyfriend over my friends, and I can honestly say it has been worth every single second of it. There is not a day I regret this decision, because without those two girls, I am so much happier. I do have much of a grudge and hate towards them, but I honestly don't wish them bad in their lives. I also have several true friends in my life, that won't dare ever to leave me like they did. Sometimes in life, your mistakes can be the best thing that has ever happened to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment