Pages

My Counter:)

RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Book Report--> The Last Song:))

The story starts when Ronnie Miller and her brother are shipped off to their dad's in Wilmington for the summer after three years of not speaking to him because of her parents divorce. The first night she gets her soda spilled on her by a young man playing volleyball but she just let's it go not knowing that the young man ends up being the love of her life. When Ronnie arrives at her dad's she remains alienated and angry at him and doesn't change her rebel ways, but she has no idea that the summer she spent with her dad was a summer she will never forget.

A lesson that I grabbed form this book is that you have to be grateful for the things you have because not everything is what it seems. You have to learn to forgive and forget and love as much as you can because at any moment life comes and tears you apart from your loved ones. Growing up, I developed an unnecessary anger against my dad. Yea, he wasn't such a good dad or anything but despite everything he did, there were moments were he showed he really cared and loved me. I did learn a lot of things from him too, like wisdom and respect. Now a days I realize that my life could have been worse. He did what he could do for me, yea alcohol took over him and some days I didn't even realize who he was but when I get to speak with him even though we don't speak much,I learn to forgive him and move on.

Love, is beyond all description. It's a different experience to everyone, but once you find it, and really find it not just throw yourself at lust, it is completely unforgettable. For many people love is harder to live for than to die for because life will get in the way. It can give you the greatest happiness in the world or it can give you extreme heartbreak and despair. When life gets in the way of love all you need to know is that you got to let go of the people you love, and if they come back then it's meant to be and if they don't then it never was.

In the story, Ronnie learns to love, forgive, mature, and deal with heartbreak. These are all the lessons people experience at least once in their lifetime. That is why I think this is such a great book. Yea it's hard but it gets you where you have to be, and it's just a part that creates our lives. The last song by Nicholas Sparks, is a tale that unfolds an unforgettable story about love on many levels; Including: first love, love between parents, and love between children. The story demonstrates the many different ways that love breaks our hearts and with time heals them back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment